Oct 17, 2015

12 Tags of Christmas Reindeer Tag

tag 1

Hello and I'm so glad to share my 12 Tags of Christmas Tag 3 with you, inspired by the beautiful designs of Linda Coughlin, from the blog the Funkie Junkie.  I was so thrilled to see how Linda created her "Christmas sweater" background from Tim Holtz' thinlet dies, but again I don't have these products.  I thought I'd share a little more of my process with you on this one.  Below I pulled out all of my "stripe" stamps.  Basic Grey, I don't know about the middle set, and BoBunny.  The red rubber is an UM by Lost Coast - not a stripe, but needed to be in the design because I love it and never use it!

background

I took my largest acrylic block and started lining up the stamps tightly, but not overlapping - important!  I tried to get close to the length of my tag, but left enough to use the UM as a stripe at the bottom.  The important part of this is to use a reverse inking technique, meaning to ink your stamp and then put the paper over the stamp instead of stamping down on the paper.  Gently rub all areas of the design, without moving the paper.  It is super hard to get an even impression from a stamp this large without doing reverse stamping.  You could stamp each line individually, but it might be hard to line them up on the paper, plus the cool part is that it's one and done and cleaning the stamps is much easier.

background 2

I chose to emboss with Judiken's tinsel gold embossing powder.  This bottle must be 15 years old!  EP lasts forever!  If you're having problems, it may be your ink.  I love Versamark for embossing.  :)

tag 2

I painted the chipboard reindeer (Michael's dollar bin from the other year) with black gesso then direct-to-paper (DTP) a gold and white ink pad to tone it down.  I embossed the sentiment in white and used DTP with a white pigment pad to create the chalkboard look.

tag 3

I added the Tattered Poinsettia flower from Basic Grey paper and the greenery from scrap ink clean up paper.  The plaid is a fabric sticker by Yellow Bicycle.

tag 4

I just love the chalkboard detail and how the EP sparkles in the light...  To see all the posts in this series click HERE.  Hop on over to Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique HERE to start your Christmas wishlist!

tag 5

I'm linking up to the Funkie Junkie for the 12 Tags of Christmas challenge HERE, to Addicted to Stamps for their Bling/Glitter challenge HERE, and to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long for their Set of Tags challenge HERE.

15 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great tag for week #3, Autumn! So clever to use your strip stamps to recreate the knit pattern. I love the way you did your deer in black and then used a chalkboard look for your sentiment. Wonderful poinsettia too! Don't forget, to be eligible for the coupon and the drawings at the end of the challenge, you must also provide a link to my shop www.thefunkiejunkie.com.

Hugs,
Linda

LauraVi said...

Love the red and gold color combo and that reindeer behind the poinsettia: great take on third week tag!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Christmas tag! Love the fancy blossom and shimmery bow!

brenda said...

As always a beautiful creation Autumn, hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Full of joy, the colors and overall design - beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Peanut said...

This is a tag on steroid and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. So much going on a a small piece of real estate. Absolutely fabulous, Autumn.
hugs, Asha

craftytrog said...

I love the colours on this beautiful, Christmassy tag!
Alison x

Elizabeth said...

Terrific tag! I love your clever work around for the knit background!

kiwimeskreations said...

love your work - I popped over here from Mary H's blog and am now following you :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful tag, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL. Sue x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

what an awesome tag! Love the background!

Sol said...

WOW! First of all.. Beautiful Embossing!!.. Great Tag! Lots of Details and Lovely Sentiment.. Great Composition!.. Looks Beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at ATSC and our Bling Bling Challenge. Hugs Sol

Yenni Natalia said...

as always. it is so stunning. i love the gold emboss, the black reindeer shadow and beautiful 3d poinsettia.

Mimi said...

Oooh, the gold is awesome on this card! And obviously the fun flower! But the gold... yes.

experiments in paper said...

Very cool, Autumn! Love how you've used your stamps here, and your colors are super! xx Lynn

Popular Posts