Nov 11, 2015

Veteran's Day Hero Card

card 1
 Today I wanted to share a Veteran's Day card I made for my very own hero.  My husband served our country as a tank driver for six years.  He is a combat veteran from OIF.  Our oldest son was born when he was away at war, what a sacrifice he has made.  I have never made cards for the 4th of July or other patriotic holidays, but when I saw a hero stamp at HL I had a duh moment. I decided to start a new tradition of making him cards to show him my support.  This one was with everyday supplies.
card 2
 I used stickers to make the tags.  I had just picked up a cool jumbo chevron embossing folder for $2 at Tuesday Morning and decided to use it with some kraft core paper to make my stripes, similar to my Tim Holtz July tag.  I sanded it to accentuate the pattern.
card 3
I layered with some doilies, a crinkled coffee filter, and a metal star.  I hope this gives you some ideas to make a card for a veteran in your life.  To all of our servicemen and women and their families, thank you sincerely for your sacrifice.  May God be glorified in America...

11 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely card and for a well deserving recipient, I am sure he will treasure it.

I smiled at your comment about our creative souls and thought what a very apy description.

B x

brenda said...

I am sure a saw a typo as I click the go button, I did of course mean very apt.

B x

Vicki Dutcher said...

I thank your dh for his service! Great card for him~

Teresa Kline said...

hello Autumn! wow, this is stunning, luv the design and the gorgeous star! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Pawsitively Creative said...

Thank your husband for me please! They make huge sacrifices everyday for us and aren't thanked enough. This card is awesome sauce and so well designed for such an amazing day. Wowzers! ~Niki

Lee-Anne said...

The perfect way to honor your hubby, Autumn! You've both sacrificed a lot for the love of your country!

Connie Mercer said...

wonderful card!!!

Petra Swart said...

What a beautiful card for your hubby on this special day, Autumn!!!!! Such a lot of lovely detail!!!
Have a great day!!!

Mimi said...

USA! ☆《☆》☆《☆》☆
I love the sanded embossed kraft-core! Thanks for sharing your story about your hubs-- hope you guys had a nice Veterans Day!

nwilliams6 said...

Love that star and your collage is perfect! Love your style!

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Amazing card! this would make a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge for Remember the Fallen! :)

Popular Posts