Jan 17, 2016

Mixed Media Stamped Scripture and Stencil Card

card 1
Hey folks!  Hope you are enjoying this three-day weekend as much as I am!  I'm having a creatacation and loving it!  VLV, one of my favorite challenges has gone to a two sketch per month schedule, which means we will have more time to play along with the sketches.  Julee is also breaking the prize down to two winners - win win!
 VLV Sketch
When I first saw this sketch I was thrown!  What on earth could I do with all them circles?  ;0
card 2
 I just happened to clean up all my inky puddles with strips of file folders, the cast-offs from when I cut my tags.  I was thinking they were too gorgeous to throw away, but how on earth could I make a card from strips - then the sketch came to memory - duh!
card 3
 I desperately tried to think of something I could do for the beginnings challenged at MMCC and this verse came to mind.  I don't want to just start well, but finish the race.  Thankfully I can cling to this promise.  Low and behold, the verse was part of a set of Verve stamps that I already had.  Happy day!  Don't you love it when you can actually see an idea through!
card 4
 The inky background pieces came from mixing Pearl-Ex powder with watered down Concord Grape Distress Ink.  GORGEOUS!  The stencil is one that I made myself some time ago from a file folder.  I dropped a little pink Frantage over it when it was half dry to add a touch of shimmer.  The embossed arrows are done in copper EP from the cast-offs from a Tim Holtz Alterations edge die.  I added some cool sticker punchenella paper and a torn piece of tea bag just for fun.  The string came from a 1/2 completed cross stitch kit I found while thrifting for a buck - a rainbow of threads included.  :)  Something I've been experimenting a lot with is embossing the distressed edges of my paper.  Here I used copper, same with the scripture.  The bow is lightly dyed to match from vintage seam binding.  Finally I splashed it down with white Mister Huey by Studio Calico.
card 5

MMMC

I'm entering 

22 comments:

rachel said...

beautiful work Autumn - love the soft colours - lovely xx

Mimi said...

Gawjuss, darling! Geez, this is beautiful! I love the copper + pink... gives me the same feeling as turquoise + gold... meant to be! Love the teabag, the embossed edges, and your stencil!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous, I like the verse and all the texture, Thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

experiments in paper said...

Very clever, girl!! Love the circles, the bow, the lovely colors.... and that edging - one of my favorite techniques! Very cool make, Autumn! xxx Lynn

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the amazing texture and the beautiful sentiment!! The colors are so fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous love the verse,the texture,the colours and gorgeous bow-brilliant result-love it all lol
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful creation - this is a stunner Autumn - love the textures and the colours - and your waste not want not, re-use everything work.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Oh what a FABULOUS way to start off my week seeing your BEAUTIFUL card Autumn. Thank you so much for telling us how it all came about because it was so perfect that you had the scripture you were thinking of using. JUST WONDERFUL. j.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Autumn, you continue to delight with your amazing gift of mixed media! Wow! I so love this new color (and have it myself too), and I really love the Scripture verse you've used on this card! Hugs, sweet friend!

Petra Swart said...

You did a great job with your strips and the sketch, Autumn!!! So beautiful!!!! Love the pinks with the cream and white!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

experiments in paper said...

Just popping bac in to say congratulations on the win at Frillie & Funkie - have fun shopping! xxx Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning creation Autumn I love the colours you have used also the sentiment and the ribbon your backgrounds always hold me in awe, the detail and beauty is fabulous
hugs
lorraine x

Vintagehandmade said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Autumn! What a wonderful background and such awesome colours! Simply stunning! Hugs! Branka xxx

Dora said...

Great job with creation. Very creative done.
Beautiful text!
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

Tanja said...

love the colors and the embossing - thanks for sharing your project at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

nwilliams6 said...

You are so good at Mixed Media - so wish I had some time to play tonight and try some of these great ideas. Your card is beautiful!!! Hugz

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card, Autumn! Love the colors and those cool textured triangles. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Diane said...

What lovely mixed media and colors you have created.

Hugs Diane

Words and Pictures said...

Ah, a creatacation - that explains how come I've managed to get so behind. You've been a creative powerhouse over your long weekend, clearly! I absolutely love this one - the effect you've created looks just like stone - and the triangles as little patches where the surface has worn away - really magical.
Alison x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Girly & Sparkly' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card! I love all the texture and subtle shades. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It and The Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

Eret said...

There are so many beautiful details on your card. Love how it works so well together. This background is fantastic. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Popular Posts